There are 9 lessons in this unit for grades K-6. Lesson plans are designed for class periods of approximately 35 minutes for K–2 and 45 minutes for 3–6, although some lessons could comprise several class periods if done completely. Teachers should adapt the lesson plans to fit their school resources, instructional time, and the developmental or individual needs of their students.
- Lesson #1: Grades K-6 - Tapping to the Beat and Tempo
- Lesson #2 : Grades K-6 - Jumping Jupiter! Expressive Qualities
- Lesson #3a : Grades K-5 - A National Hymn
- Lesson #3b: Grades K-2 – Feeling the Patterns of 2 and 3
- Lesson #3c: Grades 3-5 - Conducting the Patterns of 2 and 3
- Lesson #4: Grades 3-6 - Sing, Play, Accompany, or Conduct
- Lesson #5: Grades 5-6 - Class Art or Video Project
- Lesson #6: Grades 5-6 - Bonus Lesson: "Mars, the Bringer of War"
- Lesson #7: Grades 3-6 - Bonus Lesson: Creative Writing Prompts