WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART
Variations on “Ah, je dirais-vous maman”
OVERVIEW: Over the three lessons, the Concept Areas of Rhythm, Melody, Harmony, Form, and Tone Color are used. Skills developed are Singing, Moving, Listening, Playing Instruments, Creating, and Analyzing/Relating music to other subject areas such as history and literature.
1. Move to the Music of Mozart
2. Melody and Harmony
3. Moving to Mozart’s Variations
OVERVIEW: Over the three lessons, all six of the concept areas of Rhythm, Melody, Form, Timbre/Tone Color, and Harmony are used (also Style, as a combination of several of these). Skills developed are Singing, Moving, Listening, Playing Instruments, Creating, and Relating music to other subject areas.
1. Introduction to Theme and Variations
2. Create and Play Theme and Variations
3. History and Mozart’s Variations